Reviews & Feedback:
HullSTARS will allow representatives of managed property to respond to reviews written about the accommodation which they provide. Responses meeting our posting criteria will be displayed on the HullSTARS site directly below the relevant review. We will not post responses directed solely to the author of the review. We will not post responses directed to HullSTARS staff, or commenting about HullSTARS policies.
We may also choose to contact the management of a property to verify that they are an authorised representative. The same editorial guidelines will apply to owner responses as to member reviews, and responses containing any of the following will not be posted:
- In order to post any piece of feedback or response to feedback, it must be:
- Family-friendly – No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, sexually explicit language, or other content that is not appropriate for our community.
- Unique and independent – We will allow one response per review posted on our site. Landlords/Letting Agents will need to co-ordinate with other authorised management or owners of their property to make certain that they are the one designated to respond to the review.
- Original - No quoted material from other sources, no hearsay, and no material published elsewhere. This includes correspondence from a guest or other third party.
- Professional - Management responses are posted below the review to which they are responding. They are read by general HullSTARS users, and therefore should be written in a manner that is representative of the customer service policies of their respective business.
- Relevant to all HullSTARS users - No responses that include content irrelevant to the review in question. No personal insults or irrelevant comments of a personal nature. Management responses may not threaten or coerce a reviewer or attempt to suppress reviewer contributions on our site. No accusations of review fraud. No responses directed to HullSTARS staff or commenting about HullSTARS policies.
- Respectful of Personal Privacy - No speculation as to the identity of the reviewer. Personal information of any person, including names, addresses, phone numbers, or other information that may be used to identify an individual, is prohibited.
- Do not mention landlords or managing agents by name. Please refer to them as "the landlord" or "the agent".
- Non-commercial - No promotional material of any kind, including URLs that are irrelevant to the review in question. We reserve the right to reject any URL.
- Written with valid e-mail address and standard e-mail etiquette.
- The e-mail address associated with their account must be correct; as we may need to contact them if there is a problem with their response.
- No HTML tags or excessive ALL CAPS, slang, or typographic symbols.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- If you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them from an advertising forum post.
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled.
- All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, and any attachments or other forms of public display.
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
- You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum. For clarification, if it looks like it could be one of these links, we must treat it as such.
- Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
- You may not compensate anyone for any review or recommendation. Further, you may not suggest a tone (i.e. "Go talk good about us on WHT").
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by WebHostingTalk. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
- You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
- You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice.
- Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to use our contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- You may not post any message that is commercial by nature.
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
- You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, INCLUDING INFORMATIONAL PAGES.�A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
- You may not direct others to contact you.
- You may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
- You may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum; public, private, or commercial. Most importantly our member base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
- You may only discuss details about your company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to your company and stated something untrue or misleading, or something which clearly needs clarifying. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and contain no added promotional information and/or fluff. IT IS ADVISABLE WHEN IN THE ABOVE SCENARIO TO CONTACT US FIRST.